Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Convo With a Preschooler


The conversation always goes a little something like this:

Small impressionable child: Ms. Marie? What's THAT?!?! (points to my wrist)

Ms. Marie: That's a tattoo.

Small impressionable child: Why did you draw on yourself?

Ms. Marie: I didn't.  A special kind of doctor put it on me.  Tattoos can only go on grownups.

Small impressionable child: (rubbing my tattoo furiously) IT'S NOT COMING OFF!

Ms. Marie: It doesn't come off.  It's there forever.

Small impressionable child: He made it with a marker?

Ms. Marie: He didn't use a marker. We never write with markers on our bodies, do we?

Small impressionable child: **solemnly shakes head**

Ms. Marie: Markers are for paper.

Small impressionable child: **solemnly nods head**

Ms. Marie:

Small impressionable child:

Ms. Marie: 

Small impressionable child:

Ms. Marie: Give me the marker please.

I like to think I'm expanding their horizons.  

~M

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am going to have to take issue with "special kind of doctor". Ms. Marie, that's who REMOVES tattoos. see you and your tattoos soon!

Marie said...

I admit that "doctor" is a stretch ... but I couldn't very well say "I got this from a man named Harry in the back room of "Harry's Tattoo World!" :)